Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Heelside carving problem!?!
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 11:06 PM   #17 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ig88 View Post
I just clicked your link to view your new board. Very beautiful. I did not know it's an alpine board just hearing the name of your board. So there was some misunderstanding on my part about your board. From my limited experience, I really have not come across an alpine boarder not using positive boot angles on both feet, let alone a gross duck stance. Maybe I have not observed enough. Again, don't exactly take my word for it, but it may be worth your while to consider the more standard alpine board boot angles, rather than keeping the change to an even later date. Cheers.

Do keep reporting back about your heelside chatters, even if they for some reason disappear altogether. At least I want to know what you did.
Actually earlier in this thread I did make some progress... Here's the post http://www.snowboardingforum.com/557202-post8.html

The board I got isn't an alpine board it's actually designed to be a freeride board for on and off-piste. The builder primarily does alpine boards and skis though, so its construction is more carving oriented than a typical freeride board. Also the shape is boardercross oriented, with very squared off tips, long effective edge, etc. In another one of my threads I actually compared the specs as I measured them vs. my T7 and it's wider than the T7, so not a narrow carving board by any means!

Thanks again all, it seems like it was just a minor technique issue that is working itself out as I put more days on the board!
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote