Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Aging accidental boarder needs board advice
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 11:36 AM   #28 (permalink)
Deeplyfelt

Default My Gnu B (very) Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Whatever you decide, could you post up your impressions, thoughts, etc.?
So I'm a happy camper. Whitewater is having a great snow season - over 300 Cm of snowfall in December so far. And did you know we won Powder magazines Snow town throw down? But I digress.

Some of my problems are just plain gone. This board simply doesn't do catchy for instance. It's longer (148) but it weighs less so its more comfy on the lift. A problem i didn't even know i had until it went away.

Other problems are now clearly identified as idjit operator not equipment. My gnu knows which end of the board is supposed to go downhill. If the rear of the board starts to come around the board itself helps me correct that. Well i say that but now that I'm used to this board that never happens!

Toe edge turns I can't do now are totally the result of my fears. I barely have to think I should turn now and this board is on its way. When I can't turn is all about me riding my heel edge, looking at the steep and being unable to commit.

Overall I find this board responsive and cooperative.

Thanks to you all for your counsel! Have a great winter
Blessings & Good Cheer
Helen
Deeplyfelt is offline   Reply With Quote