Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Helmet Nazi's and so it begins
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #165 (permalink)
hikeswithdogs
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
Dumb. We do way too much in this country to fight the efforts of natural selection. You don't want to wear a seat belt? Fine. You don't want to wear a helmet? Great. Why should any of that be forced on us? Let natural selection run it's course!
While i agree with this kind of Sentiment overall(keep the f'ing govmnt out of my way) let me play devils advocate for a minute.

It's a well know fact that drivers who don't wear seatbelts and motorcyclers who don't wear helmets drive up overall insurance rates for everyone......how is that fair?

Also I'd imagine that if a resort has a helmet policy it would decrease their liability insurance rates and has a real impact food\drink\ticket prices.

As with most things in life there's allot of in and outs as the dude would say, do I give a fuck if anyone wears a helmet or not......no I could give a shit less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
Out of curiosity, how long do you have to wait in America if you don't have health insurance to get your knee replaced? Until you come up with the funds personally. American health care pretty much sucks.
I don't think most people without insurance don't have 30K sitting around for knee surgery

Last edited by hikeswithdogs; 12-28-2012 at 11:58 AM.
hikeswithdogs is offline   Reply With Quote