Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Arbor boards
Thread: Arbor boards
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
onefutui2e

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
I think we need to define durability. So far with the Coda and the Westmark, they get "ugly" quicker. Still ride-able, still performs the same, they're just ugly after a few days. Chips up top, scratches galore on the bottom. Not regular scratches either, ugly ones you want to shave off. One part of my coda looks like someone took a cheese grater to it. And this was after riding groomers

But once they're ugly, they're ugly and that's that. It didn't get any worse when I went to squaw and alpine and was riding much more varied terrain that at Bear.

Never Summers for example don't degrade that fast.

But if we're talking about durability, as in the board breaking in half or splitting, I don't see much of that. The sintered bases due seem to degrade pretty fast though, requiring maintenance.
agreed with your definition. your experience/descriptions pretty much mirrors mine, with the addition of the two deep cuts that required base welds. this is again, anecdotal, but when i compare the bases of my westmark with my other boards, it definitely feels softer. take that as you will.

and i agree triple8sol, that's why i said it's anecdotal. i don't have enough beef about my board (i still love it, still ride it) to want to do an in-depth study on this, but it seems like there's at least a group of people on this forum who experienced similar that there might be something to the claims. all good otherwise. your mileage may vary.
onefutui2e is offline   Reply With Quote