Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Coming from Louisiana to stay permantly and snowboard forever! How expensive is it?
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #28 (permalink)
charles_r_cox

Lessons' for Craig:

1. Craig relax it's a snowboarding forum, people are going to give you shit. In this thread people are fucking with you, in the next you're fucking with someone else, and in another you're having a serious discussion.

2. If you just say you're from Louisiana, on disability, and want to be an instructor at a resort you're asking for problems. Nearly everybody on this forum is saw a mental image of an overweight white dude in a wife-beater drinking PBR taking advantage of the system (with a dumbass/hilarious idea of being a snowboard instructor).

3. Also; disability and military disability are two very different things. A disability check collecting snowboarder doesn't make sense and is asking for shit, but a veteran is going to cause everyone to be proud and be like "way to work through it." -FYI if you say your problems are PTSD from Qatar or Kuwait, I and anyone with any clue regarding OIF/OEF are going to lose all respect for you.

4. GIVE UP ON THE INSTRUCTOR. Dude, you're a noob and that's okay, but you are not going to be an instructor. It will take you seasons to be decently good. Don't get me wrong if you stick with it, years from now you could be an instructor, but I'm talking years...

5. Stick with snowboarding, because snowboarding is rad.
charles_r_cox is offline   Reply With Quote