Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Beginner Boarder can't find comfortable stance
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 01:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
onefutui2e

certainly: http://www.precisionnutrition.com/wo...g-a-squat1.png

you should be able to look like that first one without too much discomfort. your hips should ideally go lower until they disappear behind the knees, but you're not lifting weights so whatever (i weight train, so i'm a stickler for good form ). again, feet should be flat. if you're having trouble getting your knees there yourself, you can bend over clasping your hands under your chin and use your elbows to shove them out.

trouble with balance in this situation is usually also caused by a lack of flexibility (you're not stretchy enough, basically). but i don't want to turn this into a physical education thread, so just do your best; you're certainly not going to be in a full squat position while you're on the mountain anyway. and yes, i'd make it a point to work on flexibility. i don't know your age or your background, but you WILL thank yourself a lot when you're older.

try that, and also as eastside said about going on the mountain and give it a shot. personally, i never noticed a huge difference strapping on my carpet vs. slope-side, but if it doesn't kill you, why not?

Last edited by onefutui2e; 12-28-2012 at 01:35 PM. Reason: getting rid of that embedded picture
onefutui2e is offline   Reply With Quote