Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bataleon or Nidecker board for beginner?
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 12:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
ISTJ

Default Bataleon or Nidecker board for beginner?

Hi all, I am completely new to snowboarding and was after some advice on a good snowboard for a beginner.

Yesterday I went to a second hand shop and purchased a new (still in plastic) Bataleon enemy (2006 model). With some second hand bindings it set me back about $270. I had read rave reviews of this board, mostly due to the TBT.

However after reading some further info, I am wondering if this board would be too difficult for a beginner, due to it being too stiff? The reason why I went for this one is because I thought it would have a longer lifespan once I became more skilled. Some people have told me that it should be fine for a beginner as the TBT will compensate for the stiffness, making turns easier. Others have told me that it would be too difficult to learn on for a beginner.

I also had the option of purchasing a Nidecker Score for about $300 new with bindings from a sports store. This board also received pretty good reviews.

Now I am wondering. Should I keep the Bataleon, or try and return it and purchase the Nidecker score instead? Which is better for a beginner with a good lifespan (once more skilled), and which one is also the better buy in terms of value? Also is there much difference between the Bataleon enemy 2006 model and the latest 2013 model (about $1200)?

Last edited by ISTJ; 12-28-2012 at 01:03 PM.
ISTJ is offline   Reply With Quote