Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Beginner Boarder can't find comfortable stance
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 01:09 PM   #20 (permalink)
mattybee

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefutui2e View Post
certainly: http://www.precisionnutrition.com/wo...g-a-squat1.png

you should be able to look like that first one without too much discomfort. your hips should ideally go lower until they disappear behind the knees, but you're not lifting weights so whatever (i weight train, so i'm a stickler for good form ). again, feet should be flat. if you're having trouble getting your knees there yourself, you can bend over clasping your hands under your chin and use your elbows to shove them out.

trouble with balance in this situation is usually also caused by a lack of flexibility (you're not stretchy enough, basically). but i don't want to turn this into a physical education thread, so just do your best; you're certainly not going to be in a full squat position while you're on the mountain anyway. and yes, i'd make it a point to work on flexibility. i don't know your age or your background, but you WILL thank yourself a lot when you're older.

try that, and also as eastside said about going on the mountain and give it a shot. personally, i never noticed a huge difference strapping on my carpet vs. slope-side, but if it doesn't kill you, why not?
yes I can pretty much do both of those without too much discomfort. but..it's a lot different when i'm strapped into the boots and bindings and my knees/legs are absolutely fixed position.
mattybee is offline   Reply With Quote