Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Coming from Louisiana to stay permantly and snowboard forever! How expensive is it?
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #30 (permalink)
ComeBack_Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig View Post
Hi,

I'm looking to move from Louisiana to Utah so I can start snowboarding and eventually become an instructor. But I'm confused about resort prices, ski lift tickets and season passes. Do I really have to 50 bucks a day to use a chair lift for that day if I want to snowboard? Is that in addition to my season pass to that resort? How do people get by if they want to do this all day? (I get a disability check so I don't have to work but I can if I want).

Is snowboarding everyday financially feasible? Thanks, Craig
Im ust be missing something: You want to move to a new state specifically to be a snowboarder(and an instructor, wow!), but from your questions about lift tickets/season passes it seems like you have never even gone snowboarding before...

Serious question: why the sudden urge to become a snowboard instructor and how do you even know you'd like snowboarding once you do try it?

Maybe you should try it once before you move across the country to pursue a career doing it? Food for thought.
ComeBack_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote