Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Online Snowboard Retailers?

3K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  Triple8Sol 
#1 ·
Think this is the right section to ask..

What's your favorite online retailer for snowboard gooooods. I picked up some extra cash from Santa and was searching around for a decent shop.

I saw:

Evo
The House
of course Amazon
Snowboards dot com

Where do you guys get your gear?

#7 ·
Dogfunk/Backcountry (same company I believe) have super fast shipping and a lifetime no questions asked return policy. I've seen some of the stuff they resell on Geartrade and am like "man I can't believe they let the customer return that."

I bought my husband's pants at The House because they had some cheap goretex ones from a couple of seasons ago. I didn't have any problems with them but I've noticed that they don't list what season stuff is from and you have to guess based on the price and design.

Evo is one of my local stores and the guys who work there are really helpful. They will beat a licensed competitor's lowest price by 5%. My husband and I got our boots here and they put a lot of effort into making sure we had the right fit. If they hadn't been sold out of the board I wanted I would have bought it here because they're good people.

I also keep an eye on the Altrec sales but their prices are similar to Backcountry/Dogfunk and they charge sales tax to WA which generally puts them over.

I wouldn't bother with Amazon. I noticed a lot of the stuff there is sold by existing online stores (eg. Backcountry) and the total price is more expensive than they sell them for at their regular website where you can often get free shipping, possible Fatwallet cashback and random coupons.

#10 ·
Out of those choices Evo. Also Dogfunk it's hard to beat that return policy (although REI does the same thing for members, so you could consider that, too). Snowboards.net/.com is a local company for me and I've worked with them a little bit the past few seasons, but as far as online is concerned I'm not thrilled with their site's functionality compared to the others, and their selection sometimes leaves a lot to be desired, not to mention they (for some reason) continue to stock bullshit stuff like Firefly snowboards and plastic snowboards that should only be found at department stores.

#13 ·
Dogfunk and evo mainly

The house has a great outlet shop if ur on a pinch...mostly a season to two seasons ago....

Djsboardshop is pretty cool just ordered a few things there and it was a good price great cust service and no issue with a simple return...will shop there again

Rei.com and their stores....theyre a co-op and have a great membership for a lifetime for $20 and u get dibs and invites to buy new and used gear 1st w 20% off and trading in old stuff w extra discounts....other than that some of their stuff is pricey compared to the rest listed

Snowboards.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.