Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Jay Peak trails
Thread: Jay Peak trails
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 05:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
onefutui2e

Quote:
Originally Posted by effectpaul View Post
My friends where heading up there in a few weeks from now. I'm the begginer of the group with this being my 2nd season. I can do most basic stuff and they are advanced. Is a waste for a newer rider to make this 7 hour trip? Will I be holding them back to much or will they be bored? I dont want to get killed on any tree runs.
well, minus the glades jay peak is just a mountain that gets A LOT of snow (for an east coast resort, at least), but without them the trail count also becomes more like 50 instead of 78. IMO it's never a waste to go ride; if a trail is open it's good conditions for me, lol. plus, in your second season i don't think you can fully appreciate any mountain for the most part except maybe the small ones in the NY/NJ/PA. from my own experience in my second season i went to okemo and pretty much derped my way through the entire weekend.

the good thing about jay peak is that there's really only 3 lift areas you can end up, so the chances of getting separated from your group is pretty slim. and the glades run alongside the trails so if you're not comfortable just take those.

so no, i don't think it'd be a waste at all
onefutui2e is offline   Reply With Quote