Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Sizing help. In the market for a skate banana.
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 07:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
cb1021

I like my skate banana (2012) but I realized one thing, it's an extruded base. Lib tech has other boards with sintered bases. I just realized this 9 months later. Had I known earlier, I'm not sure if it would affect my decision or not because I didn't demo any of these boards either way.

But on the other hand, I love this board for all mountain. I haven't touched park, ever, yet. I doubt it's the specific model that I like, it's more that it's a rockered board that is soft. There are tons like it, I'm sure.

Btw another thing: I had trouble sizing too. But I'm glad I choose the smaller one (My choices were 151 vs 149cm) . I think too small is better than too big, but that's just for my riding style. I think bigger boards are supposed to be faster and more control, but I like less control (it only takes few sessions for the rider's technique to compensate for this). I wanted a skatey and playful board so naturally I went small.

It's pretty difficult to select size without testing the same board in different sizes, back to back, for extended period of time. Also a lot of it is psychological, you wanna make a commitment and personal connection with whatever board you have in order enjoy the relationship.

Last edited by cb1021; 12-28-2012 at 07:46 PM.
cb1021 is offline   Reply With Quote