Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - South Korea?
Thread: South Korea?
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
BlackhawkDriver

I've been in korea for the last 3 years and i'll tell you the riding is not great. If you're from some of the big winter sports areas ie colorado, utah etc and expect that kind of shred you're gonna be disappointed. that being said tho it is fun, the people are super friendly and its something cool to do. Most of the decent areas are up towards pyeongchang. you could look up yongpyong, alpensia, pheonix, and high 1 resorts online theyre all up there. If you end up in cheonan though those places are about 3 hours drive away. (I live in Pyeongtaek and its about 2.5-3 hrs for me). a little closer to home is yangji pine resort and jisan which are right next to each other about 40 min away from where I live. They are both VERY small though but like I said its still pretty fun to go. Oak valley is a little bit further and its a bit bigger. I guess everything is comparable to east coast riding. lots of man made snow on small mountains/hills.
BlackhawkDriver is offline   Reply With Quote