Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Vancouver 12-13 Season
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #355 (permalink)
destroy

My experience at most of the local shops hasn't been the greatest. Their employees are pretty much what you would expect from young people working at a board shop - laaaiid back somewhat aloof B R O S that aren't the most articulate or professional in customer service. That said, they're generally quite friendly and on the ball when it comes to making sure you get some help at least so I won't hold too much against them. On one hand they can't always make reccomendations based on what they like since so much can be so subjective, but I digress...

When I went looking for boots in a 13 most of the W4th shops pretty much laughed and said "good luck" as they only really carried one or two pairs at most in my size. I'm not sure that the fact that it came from a cute girl who looked a lot like another girl I used to know helped or not, but yeah... I was in Coastal Riders a couple weeks ago on unrelated bidniz and ended up glancing at boots and chatting with one of the dudes there who was pretty helpful. Went in on boxing day and it was a zoo. They had less in my size than the dude had said the week prior but I tried on the couple pairs they had (one of which was one of the ones I was after) anyway and went with the Ambush (20% off too!) as it was a real solid fit. They haven't really fully packed out yet but I can tell they'll only need minor tweaking if any. After a couple hard days of riding they feel great.

There's some great threads in the boots forum on here if you look. They'll tell you what you should be looking for and how a good fit should feel, along with what you can do to improve the fit of what you have/get. As a newer rider but a very quick learner, I found them really helpful.

Hopefully you made out well today!
destroy is offline   Reply With Quote