Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Looking for boot feedback: DC Travis Price Status 2012, Salomon F4.0. Reviews?
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 06:53 AM   #16 (permalink)
double
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Boarder View Post
Just ordered the DC's. I think I will order the the Salomons also and just keep whatever seems more comfortable even though that can be difficult to do without actually riding in them. One concern I have is shock absorption. I'm a 46 year old rider, need as much cushion as possible. Seems like the Salomon's are rated better in this department.

Any and all info in appreciated!!!
I tried the DC's and the Salomon (along with Burton's, Vans, Nikes and I few others) and ultimately went with the DC's. I found the DC's to be a bit wider than the Salomons in the sizes I tried and I have a somewhat narrow foot. I just liked how the DC's felt and the ability to dial-in the boots with the double boa both while on the mountain and during lunch. They did loosen up a bit after breaking in but the boa allows me to tighten them up. I am an older rider and did not notice much difference in cushioning but I do use an insole I purchased at REI. One thing I will say is that, unlike lacing systems, you may never find the same "spot" twice with the boas but I tend to make small adjustments during the first run of the day and they are great. I have owned Salomon Dialogues and Burton Ions in the past and really liked those as well but wanted to try the boa system and am very happy with it. Good luck!
double is offline   Reply With Quote