Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Down rail, over my head?? Pic
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 08:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
slyder
Veteran Member

Talking Progress made last night

Hi gang,
Many thanks for all the input. I've listened to members, studied videos and watched many riders form doing this. It was now my time to do this.

As you could tell I was a little overwhelmed by the feature my local hill had. I went with my kids and they brought one of their friends to a great park hill 2 hours away last night and they have a progression park and regular park .

I started in the progression/beginner park and I also started to get comfortable on my new set up.
I took everyone's advice/input and things worked out well. Dialing in the speed took a bit but this is a common theme for me. We got it figured out.

Here is the simple low to the ground ride on rail I started with, all 50/50's I took a few laps riding on then started to ollie onto it. Some times sliding off toe side, 2 sliding off heelside. but when I locked on I was right on top good form and I could feel I was stable.

Here is a slightly larger rail that was in the bigger park, yes they had even bigger ones but I felt this was a great progression or step up from the other one.
I think it is ollie only, as if you went straight on or ride on I think you would smack your board into the front of the rail as seen in the pic, correct me if I"m wrong. The point this was a step up for me.
So I did the same. Dialed in my speed and started ollie'ing onto it. This one was little longer and I locked onto it and made the end of the feature nearly every time.

Thanks to everyone for helping me build my confidence and the great input to allow this dad to continue to learn/improve in the park. I had another great outing with my kids and hope this continues for a while. Still learning and progressing.

Last edited by slyder; 12-29-2012 at 09:12 AM.
slyder is offline   Reply With Quote