Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gopro mount advice
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 11:55 AM   #53 (permalink)
Triple8Sol
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamps View Post
The new contour 2plus has Bluetooth to your phone so you don't need to have a screen on the device. The shape facilitates goggle strap mounting, keeps it off the top of your head which I think means less bashing the camera on lifts, and in the trees. Can also side mount with an adhesive mount easily.

My understanding is that the new gopro 3 is a better camera but the contour 2 plus is at least as good as the gopro 2. So you're a half step behind gopro in picture quality but there ate other advantages from the shape and Bluetooth link to smartphone.
All versions of the GoPro 3 (Black, Silver, White) have built-in wi-fi so it's compatible with the smartphone app. The LCD BacPac is still an option, but not necessary.

I definitely agree the shape and mounting of the Contour is much less obtrusive and retarded looking. However, as you yourself agree, the GoPro is the better camera. So in the end, after demoing both in real life and comparing specs on paper, I went with a GoPro. Doing otherwise seems like the equivalent of buying a board based on colors/graphics instead of specs.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote