Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What are some reasonable goals for a beginner freestylist to hit by season's end?
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 01:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
rvcasrfr

Default What are some reasonable goals for a beginner freestylist to hit by season's end?

I've been boarding for about 4 years and can shred the slopes pretty fast, but I just hit the park for the first time this season and just landed a jump for the first time yesterday. Needless to say I'm pretty stoked. Been doing a bunch of research on freestyle riding and copying & pasting all the best info I can find to study up on everytime before I hit the slopes. I say this to illustrate that I'm pretty serious about progressing and won't be half assing this. With that in mind, I ride about 1-2, sometimes 3, times a week and plan on spending half the day shredding and half the day in the park from now on and I'm wondering what type of progression I can expect to make by season's end? I was thinking aiming on landing 180s and 360s with some basic grabs, riding switch naturally, and doing some cool tricks on boxes could be good goals.. But I don't know whether I'm over or undershooting there. I'm likely going to avoid rails for now because I just don't feel like the risk is worth the reward, especially for a beginner.

What do you all think?
rvcasrfr is offline   Reply With Quote