Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a board
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 06:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
dmxgordon

Default Looking for a board

Hello everybody, My name is Stefan, I live in Romania and I am practicing snowboarding for 3 years.
The firs year I used renting places for aquiring a board, but the next two years, after realising that I spend so much money on renting boards in a year, I've decided to buy a secondhand board from a s-h store. So I spend 120$ for a pair of boots (old model Salmon), and Atomic Board and bindings (metalic usual bindings and a pink...ish board).
I have learned to wax and even to P-Tex the snowboard becouse unfortunately the slopes in my country are full of ice and rocks almost all the winter season.
I even learned how to do easy jumps and realize that it's time to change the board (maybe even the bindings and boots) and found myself more atracted by the extreme side of this sport (tricks and jumps, do not like to bullet down the slope in straight line).
I am asking for a decent board (good price/performance ratio) for tricks and jumps (when I am saying jumps I mean really small ones).
And by the way, I heard tha there are some type of bindings, flow i think, that are extremely fast to put on/off. Is this type of binding ok? Reliable? Durable?
Thank you! (Sorry for my english)
dmxgordon is offline   Reply With Quote