Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help to improve my turns
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 09:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
hon

Default Help to improve my turns

I apologize first if this is another question on turns that you guys are getting bored with. I have read a lot on this forum and am getting an idea of how turns should be. But I can't find an answer (or there is one but I overlooked) to the question I am going to ask.

I have about 20 days of riding in total for 4 seasons. I can do black quite comfortably but my turns in my opinion is "clumsy". I don't know if this is the correct term but I am trying to show what I mean with a diagram.

The black arrow is the direction of the slope. Orange sticks are snap shots of the board that I have seen most competent guys are doing. Blue sticks are that of mine.

My problem is, I cannot switch edge without the board going through a complete textbook C-turn. At first I thought it was too steep a slope for me to try so that I had to lose speed with C-turns. But I tried on very gentle slope and I still couldn't do it. I have had many face-plants by trying this on gentle slope. What am I missing here?

THank you in advance for your time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg sb.jpeg (30.0 KB, 146 views)

Last edited by hon; 12-30-2012 at 04:31 AM.
hon is offline   Reply With Quote