Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Can you give me input on my riding? (video)
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 11:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
JSU

Thank you for the quick reply and advice . I have a few more questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post

For all of your turns, use a good down unweight to make the edge change and extend slowly through the apex of each turn; this helps you set and maintain your edge. Past the apex of the turn, slowly retract again and get low, ready to do the next down unweight to change your edge.
I started doing this and think that I can do it again when I remember to do so. It felt like my board would almost pop off the snow during transitions (but I still felt like I was in control). Was I doing the opposite motion (i.e. weighting when I should be unweighting) or was is that the correct feeling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Additionally, good fore-aft movements are key for edge hold in a good carve. Initiate each turn by moving toward the nose of the board. As the board travels through the arc of the turn, slowly be shifting aft. At apex, you should be fairly centered with your weight and as you move into the turn completion phase, you should be reaching your most aft position.
This is where I start to get confused. I was taught to always keep my weight on my front foot and not "ride in the back seat" (unless I'm doing a tail press or something). When you say "most aft position" is that a balanced stance with equal weight on each foot?

Thanks again!
JSU is offline   Reply With Quote