Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Riding in a group
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 10:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Donutz
Drunk with power...er beer.

Default Riding in a group

I was at Seymour yesterday for an overall mediocre day of shredding (fog and snowcrete everywhere but Brockton). About mid-day I came off the chair and ended up getting stuck behind a group of 5 snowboarders. I normally don't like being behind groups, but this bunch moved along pretty fast so I ended up just following them for a while.

Anyway in that one run I learned a new technique on side hits. Also they tended to take different lines than I do, which was very interesting. I've just realized how much of a rut I've gotten into just riding by myself.

I know we've had threads before about whether you prefer riding alone or in groups. But for those of you who prefer to ride alone, have you occasionally ridden in groups? And do you find that it ups your game in some way?

I think I'm going to have to either work harder on connecting up with some of the local members or start stalking random groups from the top of the runs.

In retrospect, "Let's get the goat drunk"
should have been my cue to leave the party.
Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote