Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - avy packs
Thread: avy packs
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 11:15 AM   #69 (permalink)
killclimbz
Veteran Member

Sooooooo...

I was out at Buffalo Pass yesterday. My look like shit insulation over the insulation hose didn't work and it froze right away. Avalanche danger at the spot I was hitting at Buff Pass is fairly non existent. I wanted hydration and one water bottle wasn't going to do it for me. So I ran the hose along with the pull handle. I didn't activate the bag of course, but in all honesty I don't see how a tube running along side the handle is going to cause your bag not to work. The main thing is to make sure one or the other is stashed out of the way so you don't accidently activate the bag or have the water hose get in the way of your ability to pull the handle. It was very easy to do and guess what? My hose didn't freeze all day. Of course this goes against manufacturer recommendations and probably voids any claim you might have if the bag doesn't deploy. Regardless it works and unless I really think I might need to deploy the bag, I am probably going to rock it that way. Of course if I think I will be getting in a situation where I might need to deploy the bag, I need to have my head checked as to why I am going out at that point...
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote