Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - (Help) Snowboard boots stretching.
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 12:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
surfinsnow
Veteran Member

Default SUPER Important!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slush Puppie View Post
What shape are your arches? If you have high or collapsed arches you could be getting pressure on your toes or inside the foot that would explain this.
Don't let this go! I have high arches, too, which I found out the hard way are much more susceptible to causing torn metatarsal tendon, which you DON'T want. I "dealt with" the foot pain for a whole season, thinking my binding wasn't adjusted right or something. Going slow, trying to maintain an edge, was agony. I remember one day literally stopping mid-mountain and sitting down practically in tears in hurt so bad.

Sure enough...torn tendon (metatarsal is the one running along outside of your foot from about baby toe, up around your ankle bone). Serious surgery (they also found I had a chipped ankle bone). Flat on my back for two full weeks, limited motion for six weeks, cast and crutches, followed by ten weeks of physical therapy. Needless to say, I missed all of last season because of it. Don't fuck with this...serious pain, serious down time. Get your insoles and boot fit checked out by a professional (oh, and just the CO-PAY on my insurance amounted to nearly $3,000).
surfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote