Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - How to avoid excessive use of the back leg, especially to initiate heel-side turns?
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 05:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
destroy

I think I do this a lot also. It was pretty icy out last night and I felt really jittery in general before realizing it was icy so it was a bad start... but I was trying to lean and lead more into my turns with my front foot and do more of a quick lift and pivot with the back. Normally I just rotate from the hips and legs but kinda push and let my back foot power me through rest of the turn, sometimes little hop turns as well. I think technically this is bad technique but I was trying to correct it and it wasn't going well, perhaps partially due to conditions but who knows.

After falling on my ass way more than usual I was sick of it and went into the lodge for a quick bite and a chill. Ran into timmytard from here and we went out and did a couple steeps before shredding groomers for an hour.

During that later half I more just stuck to my instincts and what I was comfortable with and it went way better. Rode quick and hard, caught plenty of airs without hesitation. The better snow on the runs we hit helped too, but hey.

I'm planning on getting some lessons to hone my technique and push myself just out of dilligence and ambition. Hopefully you don't have to.
destroy is offline   Reply With Quote