Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Riding in a group
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 07:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
HoboMaster

I'm with most others on this, I like doing both. Freeriding wise I tend to lead the pack with my friends, but some of them are much more ballsy when it comes to freestyle stuff. This is great since it pushes me to try new things - and then I'll take them down stuff they wouldn't normally try. Win-win situation.

Once in a while though I do love riding by myself. I don't have to worry about taking people into sketchy stuff, and can do a little more exploring at my own pace. Today I had a blast just searching out powder stashes, finding little rock/stump kickers and blasting music.

If you can manage it, lifties are awesome to ride with. I talked with one who was off for the day on the bus, rode the lift with him and ended up just riding the rest of the day together. Another time on a really slow day I got to ride with a pack of lifties and do a couple epic out-of-bounds runs. Just gotta be able to keep up