Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Your Snowboard Vehicle.
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 08:34 PM   #1221 (permalink)
MikeCL

My 97 Subaru Outback with the EJ25D I changed the headgaskets year before last it really started overheating, it got so bad it would overheat almost all the time when I AC was on.. SO I pulled the motor myself and did the headgaskets, since I was off from work for a week and I already had all my parts why not? The best was was people walking down the street came up to me saying they were impressed which was kinda odd at first, maybe it was because the motor was still on the engine lift? Anyways got the new replacement gaskets from the dealer and had the heats resurfaced and now I'm a few hundred away from 250,000.

And this past summer I ended up dropping a lower mileage Forester transmission in because of an issue with 5th gear and it was just cheaper to get that then rebuild, took a drive up to NH and picked one up for $300 and had that installed in about 4 hours pretty easy stuff, next year I'm repainting and doing some other minor work.

I do miss my 03 Forester XS but I had to get rid of it
MikeCL is offline   Reply With Quote