Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Would you buy 2008 model boots?
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 12:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
RockyMTNsteeze

I bought some 08 Burton Sapphires for 80 dollars at one of those larger ski shops. They were not "used" boots. At first they killed my feet. I took them back and we took the liners out. The boots had these black aftermarket ankle support things glued on the liners. This was why they hurt so bad.

If the boots have been in a shop for a while they may of been purchased before and may not actually be new. There might be problems with them. Or in my experience they may be tweaked in some weird way that created a lot of pain.

I kept the boots. They are not hurting my feet at all anymore. I don't ever buy the newest and latest. I am not a beginner. No, I don't think I could buy an 11/12 boot for the same price with the same features.

It is important to try the boots. Did your wife try on the newest boots? I know I am a 5 in Sapphires because I rode 2 pairs before these new ones. I tried on the pair I have now. They were not seasons apart. It my be possible the current models are slightly different. I know years ago I had size 4 Burtons. So they do sometimes change the sizing.

IT AINT EAZY BEIN STEEZY
RockyMTNsteeze is offline   Reply With Quote