Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Advice on centering stance
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 06:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
shinpou

Default Advice on centering stance

Hello guys!

This is my first post, so first of all, I would like to thank all of you for the time you dedicate to help out people that at a certain point come across a question that they can not answer themselves, just like me ^^

So, I would like to know if it is ok to center my stance on a directional twin board. It has a slight offset of 25mm. Here is some more information that could come to your aid when providing an answer.

My setup is as follows:

08/09 FTWO Prime snowboard 154cm, directional twin, positive camber
08/09 Burton Custom Bindings
08/09 Burton Moto Boots

It is my first snowboard, been riding it since my first day on the slope

I am goofy and ride a +15/-15 stance. I consider myself to be an intermediate to advanced rider, having no problems riding any slope from blue to black, sometimes even going in the woods ^^ Up until this year I didn't give much importance to switch riding and spinning, but this year I decided to improve my snowboarding abilities and kick it up a notch At the moment, after one week of practice, I can ride switch pretty good with my setback stance, can land 180s (FS, BS and half-cabs) both on flat ground and on small features. I have no problem with jumping at high-speed and scoring some easy grabs and I also enjoy carving at high-speed.

I am waiting for your answer! Thank you!
shinpou is offline   Reply With Quote