Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

TR: God's Lawnmower 12-30-12

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  StreetDoc 
#1 ·
I went out and was able to hit a line I have been eying since I moved to Utah 3 years ago. If you have been here and gone up Big Cottonwood Canyon you have seen it. It is a big avalanche path off of Mt. Kessler called God's Lawnmower. It is a very fitting name for it. Here is the slide path on our way up.

Starting the morning out under a mostly full moon was super relaxing and put us in good spirits

You have to get up to get down.

Yes, it was deep.

Video from the adventure. All and all it was a good day and I am super glad to cross a line off of my list.

See less See more
#4 ·
I went out and was able to hit a line I have been eying since I moved to Utah 3 years ago. If you have been here and gone up Big Cottonwood Canyon you have seen it. It is a big avalanche path off of Mt. Kessler called God's Lawnmower. It is a very fitting name for it. Here is the slide path on our way up.
Nice man wish I could have been there with you, but dam old body was hurting after two resort powder days followed by 2 days of touring......next time.

#5 ·
very nice! That was one of the first areas that really stood out to me when I moved here and started playing in BCC. Im a big fan of those easily visible, prominent peaks. I havent ridden many of them yet but Ive hiked them all. It feels good when you glance up while driving through the canyon or doing something lame in the valley and can say "been there. done that." For me I really want to put a line on Raymond this winter. Ive been looking at that old mans wide open face for too long.

Hows the skin up to god's lawnmower BTW? Every route Ive taken on kessler in the summer is STEEP!

#7 ·
For me I really want to put a line on Raymond this winter. Ive been looking at that old mans wide open face for too long.

Hows the skin up to god's lawnmower BTW? Every route Ive taken on kessler in the summer is STEEP!
I think I had first tracks down Raymond this year on Thanksgiving. That was a super fun day. The skin was pretty easy as we skinned up the Northeast Ridge. It is pretty steep but I think it was easier than the skin up Argenta.

snow looks great. are you riding with your skins inside your jacket cuz it looks like you're smuggling mongooses or ferrets or weasels or pine martens or something behind that enormous camera bag... :blink:

mirrorless!! :yahoo:

is it a single badger? :huh:
I had my skins under my jacket this time due to snow getting all over the glue. I was careless on the ridge with my skins and let them fall into the snow and they quickly froze. My camera bag is pretty big but it is so convenient to have it right there whenever I want to instead of in my pack.

A single badger? :dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.