Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Advice 4 Utah!
Thread: Advice 4 Utah!
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 11:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
killclimbz
Veteran Member

^^^Again, maybe get the plane tickets. With fuel costs being a major pain, it's ok to lock in the rate. As far weather bit of advice. If people are still mountain biking in February your snowboard trip is going to be kind of lame. If you don't think this happens, you should chat with Seattle area boarders from two seasons ago. Again, lodging in Salt Lake is not going to be a better deal now vs booking in December.

I also wouldn't recommend staying in Eden if you are planning on hitting Snowbird, Park City, Brighton, Solitude, Canyons, Etc. That's just plain crappy advice and based on "I did it and liked it so it works for everyone". That lodge would be great if Powder Mountain and Snobasin are you destinations. If you are doing the cottonwood resorts, I would look in Salt Lake City or Sandy. Cheap lodging is all around. I stayed at the La Quinta in Sandy and had a 5 mile drive to Snowbird. Pretty easy and affordable. I just drove straight up the boulevard there into the canyon. Did that with no reservations either. Lot's of other options in that city.

You can book now or when they start scheduling and probably do alright. If the weather pattern goes suck-o though, you might be better served heading somewhere else, such as Tahoe.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote