Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Big dude here with big dude problems...
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 01:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
LottaDude

Default Big dude here with big dude problems...

So I haven't boarded in about 5 years until yesterday up at Heavenly in Tahoe. I had to rent a board as I sold all my old stuff when I was low on cash years ago. I'm 6' 4" 315 lbs and wear a size 14 boot. The first rental place at Heavenly ran out of big boards by the time I got there and gave me a 154 to ride to the other rental place on the mountain. Lol I know, it was pretty ridiculous but I made it and got a 164, still even on the 164 my boot hangs over a good 3 or 4 inches, serious toe drag. What is the biggest board a company makes for a dude my size? I need something really wide with my 14 boot. I would say I'm a intermediate rider yet I've never ridden on proper gear for a guy my size. I would imagine I could be a much better rider but always have my toe drag issue and if I cut deep toe side on a steep incline sometimes it will clip my toes and ruin my run. Plus I look ridiculous on normal boards. In the words of the second rental guy who hooked up the 164, "That's a whole lotta dude for such a small board."
LottaDude is offline   Reply With Quote