Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - I hate bumps
Thread: I hate bumps
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 02:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
golfer1659

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efilnikufesin View Post
Can't really carve yourself through choppy terrain well, all about keeping the legs loose so you can soak up all the bumps.

Know what you mean though, went off a sidehit jump on a curve into a trail merge not realizing that where I was landing was now a mogul field (was moving at a pretty good clip too) and managed to maintained myself for a bit but was still going way too fast. Caught the heel edge on the next mogul and backflipped for a while downhill.

Good day though after getting the 16". Almost forgot what that was like after last year. Hear northern Vermont was pounded.

I was in Vermont riding the day of when we got 2 feet at Stratton, it was EPIC. The back side of the mountain runs were untouched cause they shut the gondola down. But yes in the afternoon a few steeper trails were horrible with bumps. I keep to the sides of the run to get any fresh POW that was left.

I have learned you want to do more a dynamic of a turn with just pushing and pulling ur tail in and out compared to how you would normally take a turn when riding bumps....
golfer1659 is offline   Reply With Quote