Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 04:19 PM   #2525 (permalink)
david_z
Official SBF Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
That is the one I was seeing. There's a small piece sticking up at the end where it is broken right? It's like a couple splinters sticking out. Decently long log. Yea, if that's the one, the landing area made me say noo ma'am.
Yeah... there's a decent sized tree to your left on dismount, and immediately in front of that tree was a busted off splintered stump about 6" diameter, about 2ft tall. The arbor survived a base-first assault on that stump LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 131441 View Post
Would love to meet up with some of you guys. I head out to Seattle on the 12th and wont be back till the 17th.
Enjoy the Pac/NW I gotta try and get out that way one of these years... Crystal is a bit of a hike for most of us too, I think mostly people in this thread ride Mt Holly and/or Pine Knob with the occasional stint to Alpine Valley.

I'm tentative for the UP in late January but they are not off to a good start, so we may nix that and head east to Ellicottville, NY (Holimont, Holiday Valley) or maybe down towards 7 Springs in PA, or *possibly* Snowshoe, but TBH if I'm cancelling a 10hr drive to the UP I'm probably not keen to drive 10 hrs to WV when I can get to NY or PA in 6

Stay in touch here when you get back and I'm sure we'll be able to hook up with a few of us at least once!

Repping the world's smallest mountains... 2013-2014 snow days: 42

Mt. Brighton - 13
Mt. Holly - 5
Hawk Island - 3
Mt. Bohemia - 3
Mt. Tolle - 3
Pine Knob - 2
Crystal Mountain - 2
Treetops - 2
Alpine Valley - 2
Caberfae Peaks - 2
Urban - 1