Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Fill me in on living in Salt Lake City
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 05:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
gaines1016

Default Fill me in on living in Salt Lake City

Hey all,

I have noticed a number of you are from salt lake city or somewhere in utah and was hoping you could fill me in a little on what life is like over there. My google searches have have me flip flopping all over the place with regards to considering this as place I would like to locate myself. Figure you all will give me the straight info.

A little of my background:
I am a 31 year old single white male architect that currently resides in iowa. I am not religious and I am basically looking for a place to eat, drink, ride and be merry. I love the idea of having so many resorts within 15 minutes of downtown (just read this but it may not be true). I love that it sounds like miller motorsports park is 30 minutes down the road (i am a motocross/sportbike guy as well). I am looking for a place with some sense of a night life as I am single.

My concerns with living in the area (which may be unwarranted) are the liquor laws. Can I get a drink at a restaurant/are there actually bars like I am used to/can a guy get a case of bud light and sit and drink it while he smokes a cigar and bbq's in his yard? Then all this mormon stuff I keep reading off google searches. Is it really that in your face? I am very much an "if you don't bother me I won't bother you" when it comes to religion and things. Basically in what ways does it affect your life if you are a not religious or another religion?

Thats enough to start some conversation if any of you are willing to take the time to fill me in on what life is like up there. I will obviously make a trip up to check things out for myself and look for possible job opportunities if I decide it is a place I am serious about but I figure I will start gathering info. Thanks again for any insight.

Last edited by gaines1016; 12-31-2012 at 06:19 PM.
gaines1016 is offline   Reply With Quote