Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Contour + 2 cameras DEFECTIVE AUDIO
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 08:49 PM   #25 (permalink)
Extremo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcdeo View Post
Obviously I over payed slightly, but I ordered it 2.5 months ago. I wasn't waiting for any deals (was hoping to use it on a trip) - at least it came with a Bonus Memory Card.

So they ship me my THIRD camera, I open the box - it's a ROAM. These guys can't even ship me the proper camera. SO I sent it back and am awaiting them to send me the CORRECT camera.

Any camera will sound good with an external mic, but for me that defeats the whole purpose. The camera should have audio that doesn't require someone to have to connect an external mic.

I think there is a problem with the camera and I don't believe the one they send me will be any different (assuming they even send me the correct camera).

I am going to contact my original purchase point and try and get my $ back for this Piece of garbage. The contour only excels in design - I love the style. However at the end of the day it has the worst video (compared to the Sony and Hero) and this audio is absolutely shit - as others have attested to. Looks like contour released the camera too early. BIG mistake - at least it was for me.
With any basic editing program, the picture can be equal to any other with simple color correction. With the Contour you get a superior design and ease of use. Even with the sub par audio I still think it's a pretty awesome camera.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote