Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Early thoughts on C3?
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 07:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
TorpedoVegas

I love the C2s forgiving profile, it's saved me a few times for sure. I grew up on camber and have no problems with it at all. I love the stability and speed of camber boards, but I do like that I no longer worry as much about catching an edge at a bad time. The forgiving nature of C2 I think has made me a better rider lately because I'm more likely to push myself s little more with it (I'm getting older and don't like to crash hard these days), however there are times when I find the ride a bit lacking especially at high speed. I'm really looking forward to trying a C3 board and seeing the move towards a more cambered profile. If they can bring back a camber feel but still give me a catch free ride I would be sold for sure.

I'm not looking to go back to regular camber. This weekend I rode with a couple other guys who were on old school LibTechs with full camber.. They flew down the hill and were hard to follow at times, but I also saw them catch edges and wipe out at least 3 or 4 times... I on the other hand kept up pretty well and never had a crash from a caught edge, so I'm still convinced in the benefits of a hybrid tech...I do think there is some room for improvement though and I'm excited to see how it progresses.

The funny thing is we had a discussion over beers on the hill about camber/hybrids and my friends were all pro camber, hate rocker tech. The one guy says..."I've been riding for 26 years and I never catch edges on camber...." Then 5 minutes later tells me he crashed on the run right before lunch because he caught an edge... Then I watched him wipe out 3 more times at least because he caught edges.....could have had something to do with all the beers.....but still.

Last edited by TorpedoVegas; 12-31-2012 at 08:00 PM.
TorpedoVegas is offline   Reply With Quote