Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Contour + 2 cameras DEFECTIVE AUDIO
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 09:49 PM   #26 (permalink)
marcdeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
With any basic editing program, the picture can be equal to any other with simple color correction. With the Contour you get a superior design and ease of use. Even with the sub par audio I still think it's a pretty awesome camera.
I agree. it is. But currently there's a mistake, a defect and the product they released is inferior. period. It excels only in design which to me is IMPORTANT and the reason I chose it over the GoPro despite the GoPro having superior image quality. However to sacrifice Video and have absolutely terrible audio, to me that's a double whammy. I've given Contour more than their fare share. BUT FYI - I'm not getting a GoPro. Im actually holding off until next year, when hopefully contour fixes this tragic flaw. But I'm not going to be the paying guinea pig for Contour to get their shit together. They are riding the wave of a stellar design and EVERYTHING else is falling behind the pack.

Of course if you're using an external mic, then you have no issues. I'm not. Nor should I have to.
marcdeo is offline   Reply With Quote