Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - rubber legs?
Thread: rubber legs?
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 11:40 AM   #19 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincraft View Post
Anyone have an issue with rubber legs early season? I didnt have this issue nearly as bad last year. Not sure what's up, maybe age or arthritis getting worse - but my legs are burning and getting tired pretty quick. I do some exercise off season but probably not enough. After 3 hours of solid riding (much of that lift time), I'm pretty wobbly and only good for light riding thereafter; otherwise, I'm a danger to myself.

Someone in here recommended squats, and holding a squat to build up leg stamina, but due to my knees getting bad, that's a lot of stress to put on the knees.

I'm wondering if anyone has any magical tricks like, standing on your toes or, holding onto a door while leaning back or something that they know works to build up leg stamina similar to what is needed for riding.
There are no magic tricks, what Argo said pretty much. I hike (not walk, class I&II mtn climbing). The longer I push it in the fall the easier riding is, and it's essentially the same muscles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincraft View Post
Hard for me during the summer. When I'm not working, I'm usually digging , cutting, sanding or some summer project. I dont get much time for extra things. Thankfully Winter keeps me from needing to do those things which allows me time to ride. My son will be riding in a few years so, lets hope he begs to go everyday so dad can go too and get more in shape riding more.
Riding regularly (2x a week +) will help, or workout between visits. Otherwise expect the same rubberlegs.