Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Wiredsport X-Mas Stoker Board,.. First Ride!!
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 12:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post

I thought the stokers were for you to give someone who didn't have a board?

Glad you love it
Had to go back & look @ the original Stoker post for this particular board giveaway, but you're right! It did say it was intended to "get someone New into the Sport!"! (...I was aware that the previous giveaway was looking for a "Sob Story" winner!)

...although I noticed more than a few post's besides mine, claiming to want the board for themselves,.. In an effort to stave off the you seem to feel is coming to me,..

...At the moment, I literally know Nobody who ski's, or snowboards! No one in my family has any desire to even give it a try! (...they all think I'm insane!!) I have no kids, my niece & nephew live out of state & don't "Do" cold!

I do have one buddy from work I kayak with occasionally who expressed a little interest last year when I told him how much fun it was! I have already told him that whenever he's ready to give it a go, I have a brand new board he can ride! He hasn't responded with any sort of interest or readiness to go out! If he were to go & fall for the sport like I did, I am perfectly willing to offer to give him the board, if for no other reason than so I can get a regular riding buddy. (...He's married with two young girls, so I don't hold his reluctance or exuses for not going against him!)

Until such time as I even have any kind of potential candidate for this board,... (...hopefully some cute young thing I can be the "Mature, Athletic, Teacher type" or who has "Daddy Issues,..")

You Can Betcher Ass, I'm gonna enjoy the HELL out of riding it myself!!!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote