Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - first time snowboarding
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
EatRideSleep
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyder View Post
It never stops to amaze me that friends take their "never ever boarded" before friends down runs that they have no business being on...In addition that friends better judgement saying "I'm not going on that run wheres the bunny or beginner hill"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optikal_Illuzion View Post
I actually did ask my friends this, but it was my first time on a hill and all the other runs around were blacks. So, once your up there you have to get down somehow....
I hoped that trend of friends taking friends down runs like that mostly died out by now!

For me, I didn't know what a bunny hill was or a blue square for that matter. Or that night riding on the east coast = ice. My friends and I were young teenagers. They had been snowboarding before so I deferred to them and their direction. They assumed that because I'm athletic I'd be fine. So that's how it went.

Like Optikal said, you have to get down somehow. In fact that was all I was thinking as I pinballed my way down.
EatRideSleep is offline   Reply With Quote