Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - First good board purchase, need you guys help!
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 03:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Berserker26

Default First good board purchase, need you guys help!

Hey all,

Been doing a lot of reading of the forum this last week trying to get my head around options for my next board purchase. Have narrowed it down to 5 and I'd appreciate some feedback from you guys as a lot of you have ridden these boards.

Height - 6'1
Weight - 198
Style - mostly groomers in Australia/NZ (light dusting 5-10cm if lucky each night and ice...), like to jump anything that i come across along the way, don't enter the park.....yet....
Boots - DC Judge 2012, size 11
Stance - +15/-5

Old Board: 159 K2 Titan - Mid Wide. Heavy as truck of a thing

Lib Tech: T.Rice Pro
Lib Tech: Skunk Ape - wide
GNU: Billy Goat
GNU: Danny Kass - mid wide
GNU: Riders Choice

First of all I'm trying to decide if I need a wide/mid wide board any more with the new smaller shape of the boots, or if based on my weight i should still get one...if I do or don't it seems like it'll divide the board options by half

Size - I have a 159 now, I rode a friends Skunk Ape 157 and loved it, I'm thinking of going the smaller size however most of the reading on this forum ppl are suggesting larger for my size/weight/style, just wanting to get some clarification on basis for sizing.

Any help is appreciated guys, being here it's pretty difficult to get a test run on any of the boards so if I don't go a skunk ape I'll be trusting the internet, hence all the questions :-)

Thanks heaps

Last edited by Berserker26; 01-01-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Berserker26 is offline   Reply With Quote