Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Never Summer Team???
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 05:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
TorpedoVegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by legallyillegal View Post
2-page spreads in twsnow...
Which one was it? I just flipped through the last 3 months and not one ad from NS. I have seen the odd ad in print before, but they don't really promote their "team" from what I've seen. I think it's interesting that they are doing things differently, it's obviously working for them. I read an article I found online about the company and found this quote interesting...

"Tracey concedes that the manufacturing component isn't always possible for companies, at least at first, but stresses that product quality should still trump graphics and a stable of high-profile team riders."

I don't really like how he kind of shrugs off the graphics (maybe he isn't but that's how I read into it), because that's the one thing I think could use massive improvement in their product. Isn't the graphics part of the entire product? I don't know why they almost seem to want to put such basic and stock looking graphics on their boards. With the money they save from having no team, why not hire a few half decent artists?

Here is the article:
How Never Summer Shredded the Snowboard Industry With Innovation | Entrepreneur.com
TorpedoVegas is offline   Reply With Quote