Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Colorado Conditions, Meet ups and General Talk Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 05:46 PM   #341 (permalink)
RockyMTNsteeze

I would take her to the Basin, not because they have the best beginner area. They have good beginner terrain but most of the mountain is more advanced. There should be less people at A-basin and this makes it better. Having people buzz by you or other beginners crossing paths is intimidating to noobs. Breckenridge and Keystone are both loaded with gapers.

They have a beginner hill at the base near the lot, The Molly Hogan lift services it. They have easy greens too. If you get there early enough you could get very close to that lift, set up a chair and crack open some cold ones while your girl learns.

I swear Ski Patrol at Keystone never bothers me, it's mountain watch you need to look out for. Recently I ollied the roller with the no jumping sign and looked to my right. A ski patroller was right there and saw it. She did not do anything. They normally don't give a shit, cause they are far to busy doing more important stuff.

Did anyone notice the yellow signs they put up near the park and Spring Dipper @ Keystone? It looks like someone with schizophrenia is running mountain safety. It's way overboard.

IT AINT EAZY BEIN STEEZY
RockyMTNsteeze is offline   Reply With Quote