Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Skiing over Snowboarding
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 05:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bostonshayne76

Default Skiing over Snowboarding

I have gone to Sunrise and Snowbowl in AZ for snowboarding in the past. The suggestion was brought up to me last minute the other day about hitting the slopes December 31st. So without hesitation I said "heck yeah" We went to Mt. Lemmon (I know an odd choice, but the distance was much closer) and I tried skiing for the first time in my life. I have done the snowboarding thing a handful of times and while I enjoyed it I can say in all honesty I spent most the time on my ass. I am also a bigger guy so the getting up and down was more challenging.
I normally dont get off the bunny hill with snowboarding. To my surprise with skiing I found myself towards the end of the stay going down a few hills without falling, stopping, wiping out etc.... Did I find this easier because I used to play ice hockey (because I notice moving is similar) or is skiing just easier to pick up in general?? I wanted to try both out before deciding which to purchase gear in. My wife is all for snowboarding (shes also 120lbs). I however found skiing to be a lot more fun. Is skiing a thing of the past since snowboarding is so popular or is skiing still an "IN" thing?
Bostonshayne76 is offline   Reply With Quote