Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Never Summer Team???
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 11:18 PM   #21 (permalink)
sabatoa
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Actually, here is another way to look at this point you raised. I agree with you that the graphics on most of the boards is very neutral or generic, with the exception of the Infinity which I personally like so much, I paid extra to get that graphic on my Summit. Graphics is an extremely personal taste issue and when you step up the graphics more, you actually will reduce your market potential because while some will really like it, some will be turned off. As it is now, the worst a person will say is that graphics is boring; not something a person will forgo a purchase over.

Jeremy is more than a "half decent artist" and can produce amazing looking art. It's more of a marketing strategy I think to produce a graphic that 100% of the potential market can live with. There is not a board so ugly that some people won't by it. You will never see Neversummer produce something on par with those disgusting Lobster graphics.
My wife is native, she *had* to have this season's Infinity because of the topsheet this year.

She wanted the tech sure but she didn't want last year's, she wanted this year's.
  • Boyne Mountain: 0
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Mt. Brighton: 0
  • Caberfae Peaks: 0
  • Crystal Mountain: 0
  • Bittersweet: 0
sabatoa is offline   Reply With Quote