Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Some input on board and size - Cobra X vs Skunk Ape
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 12:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
retsam

Thumbs up Snagged the Skunk Ape

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozekid View Post
Thanks for your thoughts linvillegorge. I was just worried if my current weight would allow for a shorter board.

Damn that 173 must be brutal in trees and moguls. Good to know someone else is having trouble deciding. Either way I want to get another board. I was hoping to go shorter, but if not, it's not a deal breaker. I would like to get something a bit stiffer which is why I was considering the Cobra, Heritage and Skunk Ape Horsepower. Also when my brother visits from back east it's nice to have a good board for him to ride instead of renting crap. Let me know if you pull the trigger on one today. Interested to see which way you go. Thanks restam.
Finally sucked it up and made a decision and snagged the Skunk Ape 165. Right now my whole set up is the Lib Tech Skunk Ape 165W, Flow NX2 SE, K2 Maysis BOA Boots. If you go for the Skuk Ape and cant find one for less than $559, call the company selling it and ask if they can give you a better price. Right now you can get them brand new on ebay for $498 + shipping (sale).

Good luck!
retsam is offline   Reply With Quote