Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Boards out of stock
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 06:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
wrathfuldeity
Resident poet

My local shop noted that maunfactures only did pre-ordered inventory this year...meaning what you ordered, they made and no more production...thus once the pre-ordered production inventory was sent out the the shops....it was done. This was apparently due to economy, having a bad industry-wide snow year last year, and not wanting to over-produce thus getting stuck with too much inventory to sell off at the end of the season. This has led to shops generally keeping what they got, not discounting much and not being able to back-order or get other shops to trade or ship a requested item. Therefore having this discussion with my shop gal and noticing this trend all ready occuring last July; I made a list, started buying off-season and early, making a few online orders and some requests...all done by October. My shop gal also was able to source some parts that were sold out but that the rep had sitting under his desk. Idk, perhaps BA knows, but it seems there is also a distribution heirarchy in that local core shops will get specific high end stuff but a limited number, big box places like rei and etc. will get mostly the mid-level stuff, but a very limited high-end items comparative to their distrubtion size and then the discounted and mall shops get the dregs. At this time during the season, high-end and specific stuff is hard to find.

edit...looks like evo might have a flagship and some cobras

Last edited by wrathfuldeity; 01-02-2013 at 06:42 AM.
wrathfuldeity is offline   Reply With Quote