Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - How much truth is there to this gun story?
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #17 (permalink)
StreetDoc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
I just like how the gun advocates are making what ever regulation being talked about as a ban on all guns. As far as I can tell, nothing of that sort has happened.

As far as this story goes. If someone breaks into your house in Colorado while you are there, you can pretty much shoot them dead. All you have to say is you were afraid for your life. Unless that person is a toddler or some elderly unarmed person you are probably not going to get charged.

There are some supposed stories about gun defense "saving" lives. The funny part is someone innocent had to lose their life first. Lots of things need to be addressed, not just guns, but I am tired of gun nuts not even willing to come to the table and discuss how to better manage this. By doing that, they are enabling exactly what they fear to happen.
I don't agree with the NRA's stance on background checks and the gun show loop hole, but the bill they are talking about inacting will outlaw pretty much EVERYTHING except for bolt action rifles and single action revolvers. That includes pump shotguns. Google Feinstein, it's all over the web. They're attempting to pass it in Illinois now which will most likely be an attempt to set the stage for the rest of the country.