Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Groceries before going to Whistler

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  jbernste03 
#1 ·
Renting a car from the airport. The web says go to Donald's Market on Hastings and Nanaimo for cheap groceries. Any thoughts or other suggestions and places to go before heading the Whistler for a week?

Also, regarding liquor, do prices differ at Whistler and Vancouver liqour stores?

#4 ·
That's awesome.
Thank you!

What about getting there from the airport on a Saturday afternoon?
Taking Granville to Seymour to West Georgia to the Trans Canada the best way to go through Vancouver?

I guess it really doesn't matter because I don't mind driving around and seeing things.

#6 ·
Not a bad scenic route through the heart of the city. Not the express way but if it's your first time - once you're into Stanley Park and headed across the Lions Gate... you'll forget about all that gross traffic... unless there's more traffic! But you're from the big smoke, yer prab'ly used to it!:D

Also, unrelated - McGill over Hastings A L L D A Y U M D A Y.

#8 ·
Grocery Delivery

There is a company that delivers groceries to your cabin/hotel/room whatever so that It is already there when you arrive. I did it..amazing.. Had food, booze, and cigars(for rolling up one of BC's major exports) already stocked in my place.. Not the cheapest route..but if you dont mind paying a lil extra, i highly reccomend it.

I cant remember exactly which company I went through..but here is one I found

Grocery Delivery in Whistler Resort by Creekside Market - Whistler Grocery Store - Deliver Groceries To Your Accommodation Rental

They leave a reciept so you know what everything costed..we split it 5 ways and it was perfect.. food/booze lasted us 5 days for around 60$ per person

#13 ·
There is a company that delivers groceries to your cabin/hotel/room whatever so that It is already there when you arrive. I did it..amazing.. Had food, booze, and cigars(for rolling up one of BC's major exports) already stocked in my place.. Not the cheapest route..but if you dont mind paying a lil extra, i highly reccomend it.

I cant remember exactly which company I went through..but here is one I found

Grocery Delivery in Whistler Resort by Creekside Market - Whistler Grocery Store - Deliver Groceries To Your Accommodation Rental

They leave a reciept so you know what everything costed..we split it 5 ways and it was perfect.. food/booze lasted us 5 days for around 60$ per person
Speaking of BC's major export goods, whats the deal with that. Something easy to obtain?

#11 ·
That's awesome. We are bargain hunters so we're at Blackcomb Lodge and it has a kitchen as well. $108 per night per person for 7 nights and 6 days of riding. We used our travel rewards points to purchase the airfare. The slope side condos were more expensive and rentals by home owners were not cheaper when you factor in the edge card.

The map shows we are about a 5 min walk from the lifts but we don't want to waste time heading back to the rooms for lunch. I was hoping for public microwave so we can at least have a quick hot lunch. No biggie if there isn't.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.